Ketamine For Anxiety
How Does Ketamine Help With Anxiety?
Suffering from excessive anxiety can be debilitating, undermining one’s ability to enjoy a healthy existence. But there is new hope for you at NeuroRelief™! With Ketamine, an individual is able experience a euphoric detachment from their anxious thoughts and process their own mindset as a calm, objective, and optimistic observer. We successfully treat patients for anxiety disorders using safe, effective, individualized Ketamine infusions.
Am I Suffering From Anxiety?
- Fear is defined as a necessary, motivating state of being that can guide us towards the solution of a present problem, interfering in our daily enjoyment. However, when this state of being becomes, in itself, a problem, this is anxiety.
- Many symptoms of anxiety can create a hindrance to your ability to enjoy a fruitful, enjoyable existence. Sensations such as:
- Persistent worrying or anxiety about a number of areas that are out of proportion to the impact of the events
- Overthinking plans and solutions to all possible worst-case outcomes
- Perceiving situations and events as threatening, even when they aren’t
- Difficulty handling uncertainty
- Indecisiveness and fear of making the wrong decision
- Inability to set aside or let go of a worry
- Inability to relax, feeling restless, and feeling keyed up or on edge
Safe Ketamine Infusion Therapy for Patients Suffering from Anxiety
- Ketamine is an anesthetic drug that has been safely utilized for over five decades in the medical world.
- These treatments, along with ongoing therapy to manage anxiety, can help each patient to lessen the impact of these disorders, encouraging a more satisfactory and productive lifestyle.
- Results are immediate and lasting, as Ketamine stimulates relief of repair enzymes (BDNF) that regenerate damaged neural pathways. This actually helps fix the problem, instead of simply placing a band-aid over an unhealed wound.
- Before Ketamine, a person suffering from anxiety cannot escape their inner cycles of negative thought and self-judgment.
- Like a character in a movie, they feel trapped in the narrative and do not feel enabled to alter the course of the script.
- Anxious individuals feel like their energy is always sapped by the inability to disconnected from cyclical negative thought patterns. It is very difficult to gain willful control or to detach from feelings of hopelessness or low self worth.
- Our patients are able to dissociate from their own movie, to examine their thoughts and state of being as an impartial observer of their own life’s journey.
- Our patients feel empowered to calmly, and objectively, process information and thoughts; without the rush of secondary anxieties, negative ruminations, or doubt.
- The Ketamine experience gives each individual the opportunity to self-examine in a euphoric, safe place; to re-work their thought processes in a space that is filled with calm, wellbeing and relief.
How Ketamine Works on Anxiety
- A massive body of evidence points to the role of glutamate, a widely distributed excitatory neurotransmitter, in mediating response to stress.
- Ketamine is a glutamatergic N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist. Its anti-anxiety effects are presumed to occur through activating synaptic plasticity, by increasing brain-derived neutrophic factor; BDNF translation and secretion.
- Unlike the 6-12 weeks with other common medications, Ketamine-mediated synaptic plasticity changes appear to occur within a matter of minutes to hours after ketamine administration!
- Many studies reflect that the impact of just one infusion on a patient’s anxiety can last for up to 14 weeks!
At NeuroRelief™, we use evidence-based approaches to patient care. Our clients achieve amazing results, gaining newfound relief, confidence and empowerment. We work closely with each person’s existing mental health professional to become an important tool in a multi-faceted treatment approach. We can also assist in arranging referrals to one of our amazing colleagues. We look forward to providing the highest level of service to our clients.
At NeuroRelief™, the initial treatment plan we recommend for new patients is to come in for 6 infusions over a 3-4 week period of time.
The recurrent administration of Ketamine during this time provides a consistent application that disrupts the pathological connections that create disharmony in our nervous systems, while simultaneously building and restoring the connections between synapses.