Ketamine For Depression
How Does Ketamine Help With Depression?
Ketamine infusion treatment for depression gives patients the fastest results of any known therapy! At NeuroRelief™, our patients see up to 80% effect rates, with successful individuals reporting AT LEAST 50% improvement in their symptoms. No more waiting for weeks to see results!
- Ketamine is an N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist. While ketamine has been utilized safely for over 50 years, only in 2018 did the FDA clear it for specific use in depression.
- By regulating the neurotransmitter, glutamate, and up regulating the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) concentrations, evidence suggests that, under Ketamine, neural connections and pathways begin to heal and reform healthier patterns after just a single treatment!
- Sad, empty, or anxious. It will continue over time without getting better or going away.
- Helpless, worthless, or guilty. You may feel bad about yourself or your life, or think a lot about losses or failures.
- Hopeless. You may be pessimistic or believe that nothing good will ever happen. You may even think about suicide.
- Irritable. You may get restless or more cranky than usual.
- Less interest in activities. Hobbies or games you usually enjoy may not appeal to you. You may have little or no desire to eat or have sex.
- Less energetic. You may feel extremely tired or think more slowly. Daily routines and tasks may seem too hard to manage.
- Trouble concentrating. It could be tough to focus. Simple things like reading a newspaper or watching TV may be hard. You may have trouble remembering details. It might seem overwhelming to make a decision, whether it’s big or small.
- Changes in the way you sleep. You may wake up too early or have trouble falling asleep. The opposite can also happen. You may sleep much longer than usual.
- Changes in appetite. You may overeat or not feel hungry. Depression often leads to weight gain or weight loss.
- Aches and pains. You may have headaches, cramps, an upset stomach, or digestive problems.
- Suicidal thoughts. Frequent or recurrent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts
We Understand Your Struggle
- Symptoms of Depression can often be overwhelming, and many people feel isolated and suffer alone with this condition.
- People feel that others will not understand their struggle, that they will be refused help or ridiculed.
- Unfortunately, all to many patients may eventually lose their battle, with terrible consequences.
- Experts believe that much of depression is due to how certain nerve pathways, the circuits in your brain, send information, and may not be working properly.
- Specialized imaging scans show that the parts of your brain involved in mood, thinking, sleep, appetite, and behavior look predictably, and consistently, different when you’re depressed.
- With IV Ketamine therapy, many of these brain regions show dramatically improved activity after treatment!
You Are NOT Alone
- Over 350 million individuals suffer from depression worldwide.
- According to the US National Institute of Mental Health, tens of millions of Americans, up to 17% of individuals, may experience disabling depression at some point in time.
- Additionally, each year, almost 5,000 youths lose their lives to depression, the third leading cause of death among ages 10-24.
- A person suffering from depression cannot escape their inner cycles of negative thought and self-judgement.
- Like a character in a movie, they feel trapped in the narrative and do not feel enabled to alter the course of the script.
- Depressed individuals feel like their energy is always sapped by the inability to disconnected from cyclical negative thought patterns. It is very difficult to gain willful control or to detach from feelings of hopelessness or low self worth.
- Our clients are able to dissociate from their own movie, to examine their thoughts and state of being as an impartial observer of their own life’s journey.
- Patients feel empowered to calmly, and objectively, process information and thoughts; and without the rush of secondary anxieties, negative rumination, or doubt.
- The Ketamine experience gives each individual the opportunity to self-examine in a euphoric, safe place; to re-work their thought processes in a space that is filled with calm, wellbeing and relief.
Why do NON-Ketamine Depression Drugs & Treatments Fail?
- Treating depression can be very difficult, even with the aid of many commonly prescribed medications. Many individuals feel like test-subjects, bouncing from one drug to the next, desperate for relief, but without receiving it.
- Patients suffering from depression have likely been previously treated with one or more SSRI drugs such as Paxil, Luvox, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, and Lexapro, or SNRI drugs such as Effexor, Cymbalta, or Pristiq.
- However, up to 50% of these patients may not experience true relief!
- What patients often DO experience, IMMEDIATELY, are debilitating side effects such as weight gain, nausea, loss of sex-drive, insomnia, chronic fatigue, dizziness, and blurred vision.
- Some people may actually experience INCREASED suicidal thoughts from these frequently prescribed drugs.
- In addition, these medications usually take up to 6 weeks to show any positive effects, while the negative side effects can start immediately.
At NeuroRelief™, we use evidence-based approaches to patient care. Our clients achieve amazing results, gaining newfound relief, confidence and empowerment. We work closely with each person’s existing mental health professional to become an important tool in a multi-faceted treatment approach. We can also assist in arranging referrals to one of our amazing colleagues. We look forward to providing the highest level of service to our clients.
At NeuroRelief™, the initial treatment plan we recommend for new patients is to come in for 6 infusions over a 3-4 week period of time. The recurrent administration of Ketamine during this time provides a consistent application that disrupts the pathological connections that create disharmony in our nervous systems, while simultaneously building and restoring the connections between synapses.
One - 50 Minute Infusion
Pay for your infusions one at a time.
Six - 50 Minute Infusions
Save by buying recommended treatment of six infusions given over 3-4 weeks.